Emergency Medical Technician
This 8 week (148 Hour) Emergency Medical Technician course, is specifically designed to prepare the student for a career as a professional Emergency Healthcare Provider in the pre-hospital setting. This course material is drawn from the new National Education Standards Curriculum. This program places a strong emphasis on academic achievement within the specified curriculum as well as a solid understanding of the importance of teamwork. Key objectives of understanding:
- Critical thinking skills
- Clinical knowledge and application for treatment of the sick and injured
- Common sense approach to solve problems
- Safety of ourselves and others
- Ethics and Integrity
During this course the student will receive 128 hours of classroom lecture. The EMT-1 Course is broken down into 4 methods of instruction:
- Lecture Based Via Powerpoint with Audio-visual aids to maximize student retention.
- Individual testing of didactic material. Written Exam for quizzes and final.
- Group practice and inter-active study groups for skills requirements. This will reinforce the importance of teamwork to reach a common goal.
- Individual testing stations for students to demonstrate proficiency on manipulative skills.
For the course registration and schedule, email your full name and contact information to the email address listed below:
Andy Kilian (949) 291-3887
Corey Gremel (714) 717-4927